Oculoplasty Surgery in India
Oculoplasty is also known as oculoplastic surgery, which refers to the plastic surgery of a watch. The management and repair of structures related to the eyes, such as the forehead, socket, and tear ducts, are included. Oculoplasty also deals with nerves that send messages to the brain, muscles that move the eyeball, and blood vessels that nourish the eye. Oculoplasty can be used for cosmetic purposes or to rebuild the structures that surround the eyeball. Under the oculoplastic, the eyelift is also known as blepharoplasty, and the eyebrow lift is also reduced.
Oculoplasty treats many conditions that are mentioned below:
- Blocked tear ducts: Though most common in babies, adults may also get blocked tear ducts as they age from injury, disease, and tumors.
- Cancer and Growths: This pertains to tumors/lesions around the eye which will be eliminated.
- Ectropion: In this condition, the eyelid folds outward from the eye.
- Entropion: This condition occurs when the eyelid folds inward toward the eye.
- Injuries: This refers to a trauma that can lead to various aforementioned conditions.
- Ptosis: inside this condition, one or both upper eyelids droop within the eye resulting in cosmetic and operational difficulties.
- Thyroid Eye Disease (TED): Thyroid conditions can sometimes cause difficulties in the eyes. Diseases like Grave’s disease might cause difficulties in the eyes which need surgical intervention.
Factors Affecting the Cost of Oculoplasty
- The type of anesthesia
- Hospital Stay
- Surgeon fee
- Types of procedures, single or dual i.e., one eyelid or two eyelids
Many people believe that our eyes are the most important feature on our face. Ageing, creases, and eyebags can all diminish their beauty over time. The aesthetic aspect of ophthalmology is concerned with the rejuvenation and enhancement of facial features using a variety of surgical and non-surgical techniques.
Botox injections, for example, are a simple non-surgical treatment for wrinkles around the eyes, forehead, and crow lines. As people get older, they may notice hollows and folds around their eyes, which are caused by a loss of tone and sagging of the tissues around the eyes. An ultra-fine needle is used to inject a filler such as Hyaluronic acid gel into problem areas.